Skip to main content

SharePoint Add-Ons in Internet Explorer Disabled; "Form is Closed" error message occurs


Had an interesting "problem" arise for an end user today.  This user has been able to open and update InfoPath forms in the past without a problem.  All of sudden today she was getting the message "The Form is Closed".  From past experience I know that this message is commonly seen when a user access SharePoint from  a web browser other than Internet Explorer and then tried to open a form that is NOT browser-enabled (one that requires the InfoPath Client).
I checked the users browser version, settings (SharePoint is set as Local Intranet site).  Made sure that the browser history was cleared, checked the login name/password, made sure pop-up blockers weren't preventing the page from loading.  All of the steps I normally do.  Couldn't get it to work.  Called IT and they upgraded her from IE 8 to IE 9.  Same issue.  
Finally, I thought, let me look and see if there's an add-on that's got a pop-up blocker.  To my surprise, what I found was that SharePoint Add-ons for IE were disabled.  Enabling the Add-ons fixed the problem.  It should be noted that we are running MOSS 2007 and Office 2010.   My guess is the browser popped up a message suggesting turning off add-ons that were causing it to run slowly and the user click ok not realizing the impact.
I had never noticed this issue before and found it interesting.
Enabling the SharePoint Add-ons resolved the problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation in SharePoint Online 2010 - End User - NothingButSharePoint.com

How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation in SharePoint Online 2010 - End User - NothingButSharePoint.com Was looking for a way to do this... not sure if it will work on SharePoint 2007, but I will be testing it and see. If not, this information should come in handy once our upgrade to 2010 is completed.