Skip to main content

Upgrading WordPress manually

Every time I have to do this, I have to look up the instructions, so I thought why not write down my steps this time. So here goes:

For reasons unbeknownst to me our WordPress site never allows us to apply Upgrades, apply updates to plugins or themes automatically. So I end up having to go download the needed files and remote to my server.

See WordPRess's full explanations of upgrading here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress

1) Make a backup of the Wordpress and PHP directories. If you don't have an automatic backup in place of the MySQL database, back that up too.

2) Deactivate plugins that are being updated

2) Download all needed files

3) Extract needed files

4) Upload files to server

5) Copy files to appropriate directories.

Remember to reactivate your plugins.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation in SharePoint Online 2010 - End User - NothingButSharePoint.com

How to Embed a PowerPoint Presentation in SharePoint Online 2010 - End User - NothingButSharePoint.com Was looking for a way to do this... not sure if it will work on SharePoint 2007, but I will be testing it and see. If not, this information should come in handy once our upgrade to 2010 is completed.